Crafted for the Aries Full Moon October 2017, this Activating Your Heart’s Desire Ritual is suitable for whenever the planetary energies align to give a burst of manifesting power to your heart’s desires.
- A white or pink (or both!) glass candle
- Pink or red marker for writing on your glass candle
- Incense burner for charcoal tablets
- Charcoal tablets
- Bloodstone and/or Red Jasper
- Dragon’s Blood
1. Find a quiet space. Set your tools to the side. Create a mini-altar in front of you. Place the candle at the center, with your crystals surrounding it and your incense burner to the left. You may choose to decorate your altar further as you see fit, or keep it simple using these basic crafting tools.
2. Get connected and centered with a few deep breaths before beginning your ritual.
3. Using a mortar and pestle, lovingly grind your Dragon’s Blood, Rosemary and Frankincense herbs to a fine mix. You’ll need enough for the incense and to dress your candle. As you blend the herbs together, think of your intent—to activate your heart’s desire. As you add each of the herbs to your incense blend, call upon the specific energies you wish to activate.
The POWER of Dragon’s Blood!
The CLARITY of Rosemary!
The INTUITION of Frankincense!
4. Once your incense blend is ready, add a spoonful of sand to your incense burner to avoid burning the bottom of the burner to a crisp. Light the charcoal tablet. It gets really hot really fast, so I recommend using tongs to hold the charcoal disc while it lights. Once it starts to shoot out red sparks, place it onto the sand in your incense burner. Let the charcoal tablet heat up for about a minute, and then add in a small amount of your prepared incense. Add a little at a time or you’ll set off some fire alarms!
5. Now it’s time to dress your candle. This provides more fuel to the fire, so to speak. Using your awl, or heck even a long nail will work if you don’t have an awl, poke three holes in a triangular pattern into your candle. Try to get the holes as deep as possible, and use a circular motion to widen the circumference.
6. Pinch by pinch, sprinkle your magical incense blend into each of the three holes. As you do so, say the following incantation (or switch it up and make it personal!):
Dragon’s Blood, Rosemary, Frankincense friends
To my desires, your power lends…
Energy, magic and intuition too
To dissolve all obstacles and see creativity through
7. On the glass candle holder, write your name, your birthdate and the desire you wish to activate. You can also draw a symbol for that desire, or words or phrases to act as your desire’s call to the universe, such as the suggested incantation below.
8. From here, sit quietly in meditation and think of a very simple chant to call in your desire. For instance, if your desire is to write that book you’ve been thinking of for the last five years, then perhaps it’s something along the lines of…
My muse is with me
The words flow free
My book is written
And the world is smitten!
9. Say this chant as you light your candle. Keep saying this chant as you focus on the flame burning bright. Keep on chanting…don’t stop! Chant faster and faster. Feel it! Let your body vibrate with enthusiasm. Keep on chanting. Get up! Move your body! Dance! Jump around! Feel your desire activating and manifesting! Have fun!
Keep it going until your energy reaches a climax, and then gradually slow your chant as you kneel once again in front of your burning flame. Let the chant dissipate, say your blessings to Divine, and release your energy and your desires on a breath, giving it all up to God’s grace.
10. Sit, breathe, relax, feel good.
If you can, leave your candle burning. I suggest putting it in a bowl of water for safety reasons. Otherwise, snuff out your candle (do not blow!) and then relight every day, focusing on your heart’s desire as you do so, until the candle has burned down completely. Align with lunar magic and get an inspirational tarot reading and juicy ritual every full and and new moon.